The off-season post mortem audit is not just a list to be created, it is an opportunity to bring the staff closer together, to include their input, encourage their participation, and to ultimately build a stronger team.
- Implement a weekly property walkthrough with key department heads to check on the resort’s physical assets with a goal of identifying areas that need improvement and implementing a ‘to do list.’ Tackle practical things first while creating action plans for more serious issues.
- Look over the last 3 – 6 months’ guest feedback cards, comments, and/or Trip Advisor reviews. Are there any meaningful suggestions made that you can practically implement on property?
- Review your marketing initiatives and see if goals were met. Note any shortcomings and investigate reasons for such. Use the information to craft your next season’s messaging per market segment. Read more about this here.
- Have a post-season brainstorming session with your leadership and/or department heads and supervisors seeking suggestions they may have to improve within their areas of operations. Keep in mind that there may be things that they’ve been doing for months that just aren’t working and needs tweaking.
- Take the opportunity to do your semi-annual or quarterly employee evaluations and training assessments.
- Don’t forget that our ‘off-season’ is the perfect time to evaluate which community project(s) your hotel or resort can become involved with or is already participating in. Read more about this here.