There is one simple Facebook tip that I keep seeing Caribbean hotels and hospitality brands forgetting to do whenever we work together on social media marketing– and it results in more page likes almost instantly!
When you choose to boost a post on Facebook or have a really organic post, make sure you invite everyone who likes that post, who interacts with it, to like your page!
- Log into your Facebook page account from a desktop computer (not mobile)
- Find a post that has enough likes to show as a number or a number + a few names
- Click on the number of likes and it will show you a list of people who interacted with that post
- You can now clearly see who likes your page, has already been invited to like your page, and who you can still invite to like your page
- Click ‘invite’ on all those who still need to be invited!
In my experience, about 30% of the people who you invite will actually like your page, which is good news because you know they’re people who are ready to interact with your posts and will help to boost your Edge Rank showing it to even more followers. For the best conversion rates be sure to do this within 24 hours of the post publishing on Facebook.
NOTE: It’s important to note that the ‘invitation to like XYZ Page’ will come from your personal Facebook account, so if you’re running a hotel or tour company’s account, it’s best to log into the profile they first created to create the page and then start inviting people. If you’re an editor on a business page and if you’re ok with the invitations coming from your personal account (to strangers who won’t know you) then go ahead and do this from your personal account.